Thursday, April 28, 2011

Serve It Up

"Looking in the mirror, "Camp Staff" stared proudly back at me. It was a dream come true. No, this wasn't a uniform. To me, this was a legacy. I had joined the long list of those before me who had reached out to thousands of kids like me and altered their lives."

This quote was in a article that was sent to the Camp Longridge Super Summer Staff of 2010 right before the summer began. I have had it saved on my computer for almost a year now, and I often come back to it as a reminder of why I do what I do and to reflect on how lucky I am to have the job that I do. As a staffer, I am all about leaving my legacy and the legacy of Jesus Christ with every camper that comes through the gate.  I am just one of many that dedicates my summer to a wonderful job that is rewarding and phenomenal (and that is an understatement).

Anyone who is even kind of close to me can tell you that in the past year camp has become my life. But to me, its more than that. It is a job and it is a big part of my life, but it is also my mission field.  I honestly feel like I am in the prefect will of God when I ride past that sign at the front gate and enter onto the sacred grounds of the camp. You can just feel it...God is there and His hand is all over that place. As a returning 2nd year staffer, I can attest that the things that we say, the stuff we wear, and the things that we do are all for a greater purpose. The Bible says in Ephesians 6:7, "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord not men." We are there to make an impact and most importantly to serve. Also, like the quote says it really is a dream come true. I get to be with kids, on sacred grounds, serving God, and being with the best Christian friends ever for my whole summer. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I challenge you to pray and actively seek the mission field that God would have you in. Wherever that may be, get your butt there and get ready to serve and then to be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment