Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reason for the Season

"The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances." -Robert Flatt

Easter. The word itself means "to be released." Its not about the eggs, the sunrise service, the candy, the bunny, the cute dresses, the church...it is about the Savior of the world overcoming death. Easter is a release and a revitalization.  I like to think of it as a spiritual New Year.  Along with the resurrection of Jesus, we are renewed, restored, and resurrected.  Those who avidly follow God should anxiously await this day to mark the anniversary of the rising of our Savior...the Savior that has overcome death, sin, and darkness and is alive today, and returning soon! In His resurrection, we find the opportunity to cleanse ourselves and be renewed on a daily basis, and we will never find that God has run out of forgiveness.  As the old hymn says, "my sin not in part but the whole is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord praise the lord oh my soul!" Jesus died but He is more alive today than ever before! He deserves all the praise, honor, and love that we have within us.

I had the trite phrase "Jesus is the reason for the season" stuck in my head today. Although this is a Christmas phrase, I found it useful for this blog. Not only is Jesus the reason for the Christmas season and the Easter season, He is the reason for every season of our lives.  In the good times, the bad times, the hard times, the joyful times, and the grieving times, Jesus should be the sole focus of our lives.

Challenge:  Make Jesus the reason for the season in every season of your life.

♪Rising He justified freely forever, one day He's coming oh glorious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment