Monday, April 25, 2011

Man Up

"If I were a girl, I'd despair. The supply of good women far exceeds that of the men who deserve them." -Robert Graves

Okay guys, here's a blog just for you. Never have I ever been a guy, wanted to be a guy, or ever plan to be a guy, so I may be rambling on about a pointless subject, but feel free to give me feedback on anything I say that may be out of line.  But here's what every girl in the world wants you to know...man up. A while back, our BCM campus minister gave a challenge to the guys in BCM (all 4 of them) and told them that they should man up and be the godly men that God has called them to be.  In addition, when it comes to girls ask that girl out, when you kiss her, kiss her like you mean it, and when you are doing something, put 100% into it.  I (along with every other girl on this earth) would be fine if I never come across another bum, jerk, or D-bag.  God (along with most girls) are asking you to "Stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong [and] do everything in love." -1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Honestly, if guys could get this simple verse down to an art, I think many of our problems in the world would be solved. War? How likely is a war if we are doing everything in love? Domestic violence? Ditto. Sin in general? If we are standing firm we are guaranteed to demolish sin. "The rain came down. the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the Rock." -Matthew 7:25

A while back I stumbled upon the "International Man Day" facebook page...and was actually impressed to an extent. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=39581454903 There were definitely some parts of this that I do not agree with, but seriously guys be a guy. Most girls don't care if you blow something up with your friends, or kiss them out of the blue, or love on your momma! Either way, seriously guys, man up and be responsible, God fearing men.

I think you can figure out the challenge for this one. Stand firm, be courageous, be strong, love and MAN UP!

*Props and shoutout to my boyfriend, Jason, and most of the other guys at Camp Longridge who are great examples of how to man up. I love and appreciate y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment