Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Take It Away


"What if you wake up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?"

I saw this quote the other day on a friend of mine's status. I hope that when you read it, that it hit you like a ton of bricks just like it did me. Honestly, I do not think I need to write a whole blog on this. It is pretty self explanatory and it is powerful. Actually, powerful is probably an understatement. But let me ask you a question...if everyday we only woke up to the things we thanked God for the previous day, would you have anything today? Would you have anything tomorrow? Rest assured that God is mighty enough to do just that. In a single instant, He is capable of taking anything and everything we have. Now I think He chooses not to do this because we serve a loving and sovereign God; however, I have no doubt that He can.

Other days, I really feel like I need Him to strip me bare of everything I own...all my possessions, my fears, my friends, my insecurities, my passions, my time-fillers...and leave me with nothing but Him. It would be radical, but maybe it's just the wake-up call I need to see what all He really provides for me. I challenge you to simply thank God for anything, everything, and everyone in your life. But remember if He is gracious enough to give it to you, He can surely take it away (Job 1:21).

No comments:

Post a Comment