Saturday, November 5, 2011

Satisfied

The brightness of Your glory has arrived. In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied♫ -Phil Wickman "Divine Romance"


Complete satisfaction. Hard to attain? You bet it is. I have found satisfaction in many things in my life, such as friends, relationships, academic achievements, athletic achievements, diet coke...haha. However,  complete satisfaction  can only be found in the midst of our Savior Jesus Christ.  


The best way for me to explain the feeling of this is to use lyrics from yet another song...this time by Kari Jobe. The lyrics to her song "The More I Seek You" read, "I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against You and breathe, feel Your heartbeat. This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand, I melt in Your peace, its overwhelming." This feeling of peace, tranquility, and satisfaction found in the midst of a loving savior is incomparable. For me, the idea of melting in peace is amazing, almost to the point that it sends a chill up my spine. If you are looking for something materialistic to fill a void in your life, good luck finding it, but you won't. He is our safe house when the trials of life are pounding down all around us and beating us to our knees. 


If you are longing for satisfaction in your life and have never experienced this complete satisfaction that comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I challenge you to give it a chance...to give Him  a chance. He will not disappoint. 


*If you need some temporary satisfaction, listen to Kari Jobe's song "The More I Seek You." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment