Sunday, November 13, 2011

Morning Light

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!" -Lamentations 3:22-23

How have I never stumbled upon these verses before?!?!?! Between a mix of someone posting this verse online and working That Girl Thing at Camp Longridge this weekend, I have come across this verse more than once recently, and man is it a soul churner of a verse. "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed." Jesus loves us enough to save us from everything that can hold us back from being a powerful and worshipful member of both His earthly and heavenly kingdoms. We can avoid being consumed by the devil, ourselves, and  death because He takes care of it all for us! The best part of this love is that it never ever ever ever ever fails. Like the old hymn says "Thou changest not, thy compassions they fail not. Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me!"

Now my favorite part of this verse. "[His compassions] are new every morning." There have been times where I have found myself in huge weak spots in my life. Literally, I have laid in bed at night and cried myself to sleep over things. But praise God that although there may be pain in the darkness of night, that joy is renewed every morning. That He can bring us out of the darkest times of our lives and, if we are willing to bring our weaknesses into the light, He will shower us with the unfailing compassion that only He can give. Great is His faithfulness!!

I challenge you to own up to your weaknesses and your shortcomings. The best way to get rid of them is to let Jesus take them for you. Bring them into the light, and He will bring you into the light. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment