Monday, January 10, 2011

Where am I going with all of this?

♪The world's so big it can break your heart and you just want to help, not sure where to start. So you close your eyes and send up a prayer into the dark♫ -Carrie Underwood "Change"


Missions. Just the word can make some people cringe. Some others are called to it. But in reality aren't we all called to participate in missions? According to David Platt in his book Radical, "I'm not called to do missions" is a common excuse. Here's the truth though, Jesus said in Matthew 28:19, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations." It's called the great commission, however many consider it to be an option or a suggestion. Take this as a command and a challenge and take it head on.

Another common excuse is "There's plenty to do right here, I don't need to go elsewhere." This statement has so much truth to it, but if you choose this excuse, you better have action behind it. You better be spreading the love and story of Jesus Christ where you are. Once you've finished on your own turf, move on. Go wherever the Lord is calling you and go with the security that you will not be going alone. "God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'"-Hebrews 13:5

So where am I going with all of this?...Alaska...that's where I'm going (more to come about that). All the way across the U.S. to carry out the Great Commission that my Lord and Savior has put in front of me. Where are you going with all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment