Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy

♪No I cannot count the ways You have made my life so blessed. All I know is that You came and made beauty of my mess♫ -Ayiesha Woods "Happy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgPy3o_ML94


Before you read any further in this post, go listen to the link above. Listen all the way through and then maybe listen to it a second time...


This song is one of my all-time favorites. The music is alright, the singing is good but not great, and the lyrics are somewhat cheesy, but this song has quite possibly changed my life. Its basically about the fact that nothing in the world can compare to the happiness we find in Jesus Christ. One of my favorite lyrics of any song ever comes from this song. It is posted above. It is a constant reminder of what my life was before Christ and how He changed me...I do not know how He did it, why He chose to love me so much, or what made Him think that I should be worth so much. All I know is that He came and made beauty of my mess. I could not have said it better myself.


This blog was made to focus on the blessings that God puts in our lives. There is also and old hymn called "Count Your Many Blessings." I will occasionally sit down and try to do this. I always begin with the forgiveness and saving grace of Jesus Christ as my first blessing and from there move onto people in my life, circumstances I may be in, or something else of the such. There are two problems with naming all of my blessings one by one. First of all, I never finish because the list is so long, and I usually get distracted. The other reason I never finish is because the list grows faster than I can name them. Every day I see God and His blessings all around me and they come at me faster than I know what to do with them. I thank God everyday for the blessings he has put in my life and how He came and made beauty of the mess I made of me. I challenge you to "Count your blessings and name them one by one."

1 comment:

  1. Kayla.....I have a lot of blessings too and you are certainly one of them. I am so blessed that your Mom and Dad "shared" you with me all those years when you were just a little girl..."my angel girl"...and although you are all grown up now and I do not see you often...you are certainly always in my heart and always one of my many blessings!

    ReplyDelete