Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Forever Loved

I will not take my love away when praises cease and seasons change. While the whole world turns the other way, I will not take my love away. I will not leave you all alone. When striving leads you far from home, and there's no yield for what you've sown, I will not leave you all alone. I will give you what you need in plenty or in poverty. Forever, always, look to me and I will give you what you need. -Matt Wertz "I Will Not Take My Love Away"


While listening to Pandora in the library, I stumbled across this artist, Matt Wertz. I quickly paused Pandora and moved my way to youtube where I have been listening to his songs nonstop. They are so chill, simple, and I love them. This is quite possibly my favorite. When I say simple, I mean simple. The whole song is posted above. This song is a perfect representation of God's love for us as individuals. He will never take His love away despite the changes that come and when we move away from Him. As humans, I think we have trouble grasping this concept. We love because we are loved. Meaning that we love someone when they show their love to us and when they choose to move out of our lives and not to love us anymore, we often let them do just that. But God, wow, God would never do that to us. His love is never ending and even when we cease to praise Him, cease to love Him, and the world hates us, He keeps on loving us. What a wonderful picture drawn out by the cross and our loving God. 

The other message in this song is that He will give us what we need. Matthew 6:26 reads, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" This verse is a constant reminder that God is the sole provider of our lives and everything in them. Like the song says "I will give you what you need in plenty or in poverty. Forever, always, look to Me and I will give you what you need." I have never heard God's sovereignty and grace summed up in a better way.

I challenge you to remember that God will provide and that He is there no matter what the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment