Friday, June 24, 2011

Just Wait

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." -Romans 12:12


Patience...it sucks. This week at Camp Longridge, the silver team performed a skit on the fruit of the spirit. As we were preparing, I was convicted of the amount of patience I show both when I am at camp and when I am not. For example, this week the camp was completely full! My roommate and I had 25 girls (there's only supposed to be 22 girls in the biggest cabins!) Needless to say, my patience was tested and pushed beyond all limits. I was overly annoyed at times, like when it took 2.5 hours the first night for everyone to finish showers, and I showed anger a time or two. I have no voice as I write this and my girls are currently "packing"...aka screaming their lungs out just for the heck of it. 


Here's what I was reminded of every morning. This week I woke up every morning and read Romans 12. Romans 12:12 is quoted above and it is my favorite verse in the whole chapter. If we can be joyful in hope, patient during the hard times, and faithful to pray over any and everything, we may find that God becomes our protection in the hardest times of our lives. He gave me much patience throughout this whole week and allowed me to persevere my spirit and to make it through my first week of the summer without losing my sanity or completely losing my temper.


I challenge you to stretch your limits on the amount of patience that you have and then always aspire to have more. I am in awe of those people that I know that are always patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment