Saturday, June 4, 2011

GO GO GO!

"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."

I can currently say that I am proud of my generation. Specifically, the people my age in the church. Looking through my own church, I see the sacrifice that many young people are putting forward this summer. Myself and two others are working with 23 other staff to spread the gospel. One of the college students in my church is travelling to Daytona Beach to spread the words to those soaking up the sun. One is in northern California to take God to the West Coast, some are travelling to Nicaragua, and even others are working with local ministries and staying active within the church! I can honestly say that I am never been so proud of my friends. We are actively living out what God has called us to do, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." (Matthew 18:19-20a)



This is a rather short blog and I have two different challenges...first of all, to the adults my challenge is to step it up. My generation is the church of tomorrow, but you are the church of today...don't let us show you up. And to those in my generation, keep up the great work! If you are not involved, there is always a place for you, you just have to look for it!


*In addition, props goes out to those adults who have shown and instructed us on how to take the steps that we have chosen to take to follow in the steps of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment