Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

"Some boys take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world. I wanna be the one to walk in the Son, oh girls, they wanna have fun. Oh girls just wanna have fun!" -Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"



Here's a special blog for all the girls out there anywhere between the ages of 10-30ish. Hmm...maybe even a wider range than that. This song has probably been covered by more bands than any other song out there...and it has every right to be covered because it's a great song. I was listening to a cover of this the other day and I suddenly had a Biblical epiphany about this song; it relates to all of ours' favorite subject...relationships. Above is the lyric that hit me. "Some boys take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world", I've seen it over and over again in relationships and even had it happen to me where you start dating a guy and the first thing to go is your friends, then the things you love to do, and then God. When it all ends, you're left with no one to turn to because you have spent all your time and energy focusing on one person, and it was all wasted. If you are in a relationship and it is stopping you from doing the things you love and that is pushing you away from God and the people that matter the most in your life, that needs to be fixed.

Now if you continue to read the lyrics above, you will see that I have misquoted it, and for a legitimate reason. "I wanna be the one to walk in the Son..." When God is pushed out of relationships, it never ends well. If you make sure that you are that girl that is walking in the Son and following the footsteps of Jesus and shining His light, you are sure to be right where He wants you to be in your relationship with Him and with others.

I challenge you to make sure that all of your relationships involve three people and that God is the superior of the three. I honestly believe that this is the key to a successful, godly relationship. But then again, I am only 20 and in my second relationship...so I know there are women out there who are much more wise than I claim to be or will ever be.

*As I wrote this blog, I realized a fault of my own. I haven't been spending as much time with my family as I should. I aspire to fix this dilemma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment