Saturday, May 28, 2011

Revelation

"When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place after this." -Revelation 1:17-19


Camp. I realize that I have written numerous blogs about Camp Longridge, but it is such a large part of my life at this point that I feel the need to write about it again. This time, from a different point of view. 


Last year during one of our youth weeks, camp was paralleled to John's revelation of the coming kingdom in the book of Revelation. John recieves a glimpse of the kingdom that God has promised that He will set up once He returns to Earth. It is a perfect kingdom that radiates of God's grace, power, and peace. Camp Longridge also fits this mold. It is a place of peacefulness and solitary confinement with God (when there are not 200 kids running around and screaming). It is amazing just to sit and experience the beauty of God's creation and of God himself. As I sit here in the chapel next to the lake, I am reminded that the purpose I am here is solely for the glorification of our Savior and the advancement of the ministry that is prevalent here.


The other thing that I am also reminded of is that John could not stay in His vision forever. He had to move beyond it and he was instructed to write down what he saw. He had to tell others about what he experienced.  We also must do this, I spend ten weeks here, but I cannot stay here forever. I, along with the rest of the staff, must move beyond camp and back into the worldly pleasures that the world sets in front of us. But we must tell of the experiences that we have had and profess the things that we have seen. We are called to do all of this for the glory of God. I challenge you to tell of the experiences that God has brought into your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment