Sunday, May 22, 2011

7 Days Closer

"We are 7 days closer than we were last week." -Clint Smith

May 21, 2011, 6 pm....a man by the name of Harold Camping predicted the rapture to happen. Needless to say, we're still here. The rapture did not occur and we have no idea when it will happen. Matthew 24:36 says, "No one knows about that day or hour, not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The one thing we do know is the above quote; we are seven days closer than we were last week. I love getting reminded of this statement almost every week by my pastor at Town Creek Baptist Church. It is encouraging to know that everyday and every hour, we are that much closer to meeting our Maker.

Now the most important thing...since we have no idea of when He will return...are you ready to go? Are your friends ready to meet the Lord? Is your family ready to meet the Creator? Personally, I am ready to go at any moment, but I know that I must tell the good news to any and all that will listen because not everyone is as anxious and homesick for Heaven as I am. He may not be coming soon, but we can rest assured that he is  coming at some point in time. I challenge you to prepare, be ready, and to help other people get ready. As the old song says "People get ready, Jesus is coming, soon we'll be going home!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment