Saturday, August 6, 2011

Necessity

Without You I fall apart. You're the one that guides my heart. Lord, I need You, oh I need You. Every hour I need You. My one defense, my righteousness, oh God, how I need You




Life is never smooth sailing, especially for the Christian. Recently, I have found this song to be one of my biggest prayers. In all my trials, in all my worry, and in all the uncertainty God reminds me that I need Him. That I need Him in every aspect of my life and that I need to rely on Him in every moment. Psalm 18:2 says "the Lord is my Rock my fortress and my deliverer. My God is my rock in whom I take refuge." God will be our safehouse and protection when we fully rely on Him to control our lives and when we are willing to sacrifice our selfish agendas for the sake of the advancement of His kingdom.  John 15:5 reads, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." Without God we are hopeless but if we realize that we need Him and call out for His help, it is that humbleness that allows us to experience the abundant life that God has planned for us. 
My favorite part of this song is the lyric that reads "every hour I need you." Each day, I realize more and more that I can do nothing without God and that it is by His grace that I am even given another hour to live. So why should this hour not be used for His glory? I often use this song as a prayer to call to God in an attempt to display some sort of humility and to express that I understand that I need Him every day, every hour, every minute, and every second. It is with this same attitude that I thank Him for giving me such a time as this to be living for Him. 
I challenge you to repeatedly tell God that you need Him. Be humble and quiet in the midst of His spirit and give Him the glory for giving you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment