Friday, July 1, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Watching

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" Habakkuk 2:3 


Recently, patience has been on my mind more than almost anything. It is one of the things I struggle with the most and the thing I must work the hardest at to perform. When I was about 11, my mom ordered a magazine subscription for me from Brio Magazine and in each issue there is a poster. One of the posters had the above verse on it, and it has been one of my favorites in all of the Bible ever since. It is a reminder that in every area of life, that God is in control and that we have nothing to worry about because everything  is done on His timeline. I am very much a go-getter and I hate wasting time, so this verse keeps me in check   and reminds me that the things that I think will never come (summer, Graduation, relationships, marriage, kids, death, etc.) will eventually come when God thinks that it is the appropriate time in my life. As much as I hate it, I know that His ways and timelines are higher and better than mine, and I must submit to live a life that I can confidently trust is in the hands of a loving and living God. 


I challenge you to be patient and to always trust that your life will work out when it is in the hands of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment