Thursday, January 19, 2012

Plan Accordingly

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." -Hebrews 11:1

Is it wrong to hope my plans are God's plans? Is it wrong to take a step down a path without knowing if it's exactly where I am supposed to be? These are the questions I have been asking myself recently. Am I going the right way? If I do not get a "no" from God, I take that as a "carry on." But all too often, I get a "no," and I am forced to change directions.

I have to be honest, I really hate making long term plans. I like making short term plans...like what I'm doing for the next couple weekends, or when I am going to sit down and write a paper; however, when it comes to trying to plan my life out, I would rather crawl under a rock. My reasons...because God almost always changes my plans.  I get my hopes up for something, I really really really start looking forward to something, and Jesus ruins it. Now don't get me wrong, He replaces them with something bigger and better in the long run, but is it bad that I think its better just to not make them at all? Or should I still make plans, but allow God to mold my plans (...aka throw them in the trash and start from scratch)? I have yet to find the answer to any of these questions, but here's what I do know...I can hope my plans are God's plans, but if He decides to trash mine, it is alright because I know He knows what He is doing.

Challenge (to you and myself)...trust God, He knows what He's doing.

*"For my ways are not your ways, nor are my thoughts your thoughts. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts" -Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment